Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal treatment is painless and the most effective method for removing unwanted hair. Other hair removal treatments such as shaving or waxing cost you thousands in the long run and take too much time and effort. Happily, we’re here to break the cycle of hair problems. The Glow Aesthetic Center is proud to put an end to this battle with unwanted hair by giving you this treatment for permanent hair reduction.
Glow Aesthetic Center is proud to offer you the best and most innovative technology available on the market. The Alexandrite and Nd:YAG laser technology allows us to customize treatment options for patients with different skin and hair type combinations. Unlike other spas who use IPL or Diode lasers, our technology allows us to custom tailor your treatment for maximum effectiveness. Your skin is kept completely safe during this treatment since Alexandrite lasers only focus on the melanin within your hair follicle.
What Is the Right Technology for Laser Hair Removal?
Our state of the art lasers at the Glow Aesthetic Center use the Quanta 4v light system. With the FDA approved Alexandrite laser, we are able to emit a 755 nanometer (nm) wavelength bean precisely so your skin isn’t damaged. With the Quanta 4v Nd:YAG laser, we can emit a longer wavelength at 1064 nm, which gives excellent results on patients with dark or deeply tanned skin.
Using innovative breakthrough technology, Glow Aesthetic Center is proud to offer a safe and painless hair removal treatment. The cooling technology inside the lasers ensure patients feel no discomfort or irritation. We take pride in making our customers feel comfortable and satisfied during any appointment while offering you the best price.
Laser hair removal not only eliminates exposed hairs but removes ingrown hairs not entirely visible. This treatment is safe for all skin types and hair tones. This precise treatment is so safe, you may use it in sensitive skin areas where there is unwanted hair.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal uses a process called selective photothermolysis. The laser generates a specific wavelength custom tailored to your skin type and hair color so it can be absorbed by a specific type of pigment. By heating the melanin and pinpointing the hair follicle, we avoid the skin while damaging the hair follicle. Incorrect laser matching to the skin could result in burns, hyper and hypopigmentation. That’s why we implore our customers to come to the Glow Aesthetic Center so highly trained professionals can perform this treatment.
After Laser Hair Removal:
- Our clinicians recommend you use Aquaphor® or Vaseline® following your treatment to moisturize the treated area three times a day for 3 to 4 days. This will help with skin irritation discomfort and the possibility of folliculitis.
- Wear a minimum of SPF 45 moisturizing sunblock on the treatment area when going outside.
- Take cool or lukewarm showers. Do not scrub the treated skin or bathe in hot water as this will cause irritation. When drying, pat the treated skin instead of rubbing.
- No swimming for a minimum of 3 days.
- Try not to be exposed to sunlight and tanning beds. If you must go outside, wear a minimum of SPF 45 moisturizing sunblock.
- No physical activity that can raise body temperature or cause you to swear for at least 24 hours
- Avoid products that may irritate the treatment area for at least 1 week including: astringent, retinols. Retinoids, harsh soap, scrub, peel, face wash, toner, or other exfoliating agent and try not to rub the area.
- You may use ice packs wrapped in a thin cloth to help reduce redness, swelling, or minor burns. Ice packs should be used intermittently for 3 to 5 minutes for a period of 1 to 2 hours. Applying 1% hydrocortisone and Aquaphor® or Vaseline® for a maximum of 3 times daily will ease discomfort until symptoms subside.
- Over the counter oral liquid Benadryl®, Allegra®, or Claritin® may help with itching or swelling. These can be taken before your next treatment in addition to Aquaphor® or Vaseline® right after your treatment.
- If you see microcrusting at the treatment site, do not rub or scrub the skin. Apply Aquaphor® or Vaseline® and call us at 818-905-8815 if you have any further concerns.
Before Your Next Hair Removal Treatment:
- Do not bleach, wax, tweeze, or perform electrolysis for a minimum of 6 weeks before your appointment.
- Hair removal products such as Nair or Neet should not be used for a minimum of 2 weeks before your appointment.
- 12 hours before your appointment, shave the area with unwanted hair in the direction it grows. For sensitive areas that can be awkward to shave, you can trim the hairs with scissors close to the skin.
- Avoid tanning beds and stay out of the sun! There is a greater chance of adverse side effects for tanner skin so avoid spray tanning and other self-tanning products before your treatment session.
- Ensure you have removed all makeup and sunscreen from the treatment area before your session. You may reapply following your treatment.
- Antiviral medication is necessary 24 to 48 hours prior to your appointment if you have oral herpes (cold sores) in order to prevent an outbreak from occurring after your treatment. This medication must be taken for 3 to 5 days following your treatment.
- If you are uncomfortable with the treatment, we can offer you an anesthetic cream. You must arrive 30 minutes before your appointment so it can take effect.
- You are responsible for letting your clinician know if you are taking medication or antibiotics that may cause photosensitivity. Your appointment can be rescheduled for a further date if this is the case.
- Clinicians require several treatments, often 3 to 8 weeks apart, to eliminate unwanted hair. Keeping your follow-up appointments allow us to ensure the best results since we can better keep up with your hair’s natural growth cycle.
- It is recommended that you let your clinician know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding so your appointment can be canceled or rescheduled.
- It is advised that you do not have any social or work commitments immediately following your appointment. If you must, you can call our Aesthetic Center at 818-905-8815 and we can reschedule your appointment.