What Is a Laser Facial?
The Glow Aesthetic Center is proud to offer our state of the art laser facial treatment using the Quanta 4v Nd-YAG laser. This is used to treat skin blemishes such as wrinkles, age spots, and scars. This treatment is non-invasive and uses high-tech innovative processes to augment your skin’s production of collagen. Collagen is the main component of connective tissue in our bodies. As we age, our collagen production slows and causes our skin to lose volume and softness. Lines and wrinkles start to form or deepen when volume decreases. Absent treatment, wrinkles develop and deep hollows form.
What Are the Benefits of a Laser Facial?
The cutting-edge technology used for laser facials at the Glow Aesthetic Center will stimulate collagen production and stop deepening lines or wrinkles right in their tracts. The procedure is painless with patients only feeling a little warmth in the target area. The laser’s heat targets deeper layers of skin, stimulating collagen production and restoring connective tissue. This treatment may also reduce redness caused by dilated capillaries.
Laser facial treatments not only brings back your youthful look, but it can also treat enlarged pores, sunspots, rosacea, acne scars, and other blemishes. Patients can feel at ease during their treatment session knowing that these blemishes will fade away in the laser’s soft warmth.
The laser facial offered at the Glow Aesthetic Center will help restore that young look and natural glow. Clients have given very positive reviews about the subtle treatment that fades away blemishes. Our expert clinicians are ready to offer you this safe, established treatment that restores lost volume.
AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR LASER FACIAL TREATMENTS
After Your Treatment:
- Our clinicians recommend you use Aquaphor® or Vaseline® following your treatment to moisturize the treated area three times a day for 3 to 4 days. This will help with skin irritation discomfort and the possibility of folliculitis.
- Wear a minimum of SPF 45 moisturizing sunblock on the treatment area when going outside.
- Take cool or lukewarm showers. Do not scrub the treated skin or bathe in hot water as this will cause irritation. When drying, pat the treated skin instead of rubbing.
- No swimming for a minimum of 3 days.
- Try not to be exposed to sunlight and tanning beds. If you must go outside, wear a minimum of SPF 45 moisturizing sunblock.
- No physical activity that can raise body temperature or cause you to swear for at least 24 hours
- Avoid products that may irritate the treatment area for at least 1 week including: astringent, retinols. Retinoids, harsh soap, scrub, peel, face wash, toner, or other exfoliating agent and try not to rub the area.
- You may use ice packs wrapped in a thin cloth to help reduce redness, swelling, or minor burns. Ice packs should be used intermittently for 3 to 5 minutes for a period of 1 to 2 hours. Applying 1% hydrocortisone and Aquaphor® or Vaseline® for a maximum of 3 times daily will ease discomfort until symptoms subside.
- Over the counter oral liquid Benadryl®, Allegra®, or Claritin® may help with itching or swelling. These can be taken before your next treatment in addition to Aquaphor® or Vaseline® right after your treatment.
- If you see microcrusting at the treatment site, do not rub or scrub the skin. Apply Aquaphor® or Vaseline® and call us at 818-905-8815 if you have any further concerns.
Before Your Next Hair Removal Treatment:
- Do not bleach, wax, tweeze, or perform electrolysis for a minimum of 6 weeks before your appointment.
- Hair removal products such as Nair or Neet should not be used for a minimum of 2 weeks before your appointment.
- 12 hours before your appointment, shave the area with unwanted hair in the direction it grows. For sensitive areas that can be awkward to shave, you can trim the hairs with scissors close to the skin.
- Avoid tanning beds and stay out of the sun! There is a greater chance of adverse side effects for tanner skin so avoid spray tanning and other self-tanning products before your treatment session.
- Ensure you have removed all makeup and sunscreen from the treatment area before your session. You may reapply following your treatment.
- Antiviral medication is necessary 24 to 48 hours prior to your appointment if you have oral herpes (cold sores) in order to prevent an outbreak from occurring after your treatment. This medication must be taken for 3 to 5 days following your treatment.
- If you are uncomfortable with the treatment, we can offer you an anesthetic cream. You must arrive 30 minutes before your appointment so it can take effect.
- You are responsible for letting your clinician know if you are taking medication or antibiotics that may cause photosensitivity. Your appointment can be rescheduled for a further date if this is the case.
- Clinicians require several treatments, often 3 to 8 weeks apart, to eliminate unwanted hair. Keeping your follow-up appointments allow us to ensure the best results since we can better keep up with your hair’s natural growth cycle.
- It is recommended that you let your clinician know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding so your appointment can be canceled or rescheduled.
It is advised that you do not have any social or work commitments immediately following your appointment. If you must, you can call our Aesthetic Center at 818-905-8815 and we can reschedule your appointment.